Unable to quit Microsoft Access
The problem is caused by code behind a subform which references a boolean control on the main form and evaluates it in an If Then statement as
If me.Parent!chkSomeCheckBox then
The resolution is to do the True/False comparison explicitly.
If me.Parent!chkSomeCheckBox = True then
1) Call the Close method for every object that supports it, and set to
set rs = nothing
set db = nothing
2) Close all text files that you Opened:
3) Set to Nothing any global object references:
Set myobj = Forms!myform!myobj
Set myobj = Nothing
4) Change "." notation to "!" notation.
Me.TextBox3 -> Me!TextBox3
5) Use the Value property on boolean object references:
Forms!finalcheck2.Check51 -> Forms!finalcheck2.Check51.Value
For the MS view on the problem, see KB article Q164455.