Microsoft Access 2000 or higher (Microsoft Office Professional). The Version
of Office must match the version of the add-in: (9: Access 2000, 10: Access
2002, 11: Access 2003, 12: Access 2007).
To Install Import and Validate
- Download the latest version importvalidate??.exe from http://www.4tops.com/downloadimportvalidate.htm ??
stands for the version number (9: Access 2000, 10: Access 2002, 11: Access
2003, 12: Access 2007).
- Run the setup program
- Unblock importvalidate.chm if it is blocked (Help topic pages are not
readable, Right-click on the file, select Properties and look for Unblock)
Four files will be added to your system (default file location is
- importvalidate??.mde: the import library that your (import) database will
reference when using the Import and Validate
- MyImports.mdb (Access 2007: MyImports.accdb): sample import database
showing several techniques also described in the help.
used to Connect (make active) Import and Validate with your (import)
- importvalidate.chm: the Help file.
?? stands for the version of MS Access the file supports: 11: Access 2003,
12 Access 2007
After installation, use Import and
Validate Installer to connect Import and Validate to an MS Access
import or production database (see Choosing how to work with
Import and Validate)
To Uninstall Import and Validate
- Use Import and Validate
Installer to Disconnect from all the databases you use it with.
- delete the importvalidate folder and the links in Program Files