4TOPS Import and Validate helps you import data into your database.
Use this software when other ways of importing, such as import tools available with your database or SQL queries fail because of problems with the data to import,
or if you want to verify the records you are importing.
You can import into any database that supports ODBC updating. Import from any data
source that supports ODBC and also
CSV, Excel and Outlook.
The software uses Microsoft Access to connect to both the source data and the destination database. So it is necessarily you have Access installed.
Use the wizard to set up the import easily.
- Add or Replace, depending on whether the record already exists or not.
- The new values are compared with the old during the import. The changes are identified.
- Interact with the data during the import session to correct errors or to add missing information.
- The system diagnoses which field prevents importing a record, you can fix values directly on screen. Field matching problems as not corresponding types, referential integrity, in general the reasons why update queries fail.
Has a 'Continue if errors' checkbox. Catch records that fail to import during the import, know why, fix and reimport.
- Convert the imported values using lookup or custom written functions (VBA)
- Record by record or batch imports
- Add records in parent / child relation, e.g. Order with Order lines.
- Change and extend Import specifications whenever needed
- Improved speed
Import log: see which imports were done when, by whom and how many records were processed.
Excel related features
- Ability to import multiple files in a batch
- Import from table and individual cells
- Import multiple worksheets in one file